Prev: Re: Those darned B1's Next: Re: Those darned B1's

Re: Those darned B1's

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:54:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Those darned B1's

--- Galen Thies <fldmrshl@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,

> with regard to B1's.	It seems to me that a ship
> designed with a massive
> compliment of B1's could simply "put the pedal to
> the metal" and scoot to
> range 12 by turn 3 of 4 and smoke the other fleet
> with a huge quantity of
> beam fire.
..

> Kindest Personal Regards,
> Galen

Galen,
     A good comment, and the only problem with
the concept is the question: Can you really
expect to maneuver within 12 MU (inches) for
a a period of time necessary to disable your
enemy?
     Most games are a series of passes and
the majority of the time ships are outside
12 MU.

Bye fro now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Those darned B1's Next: Re: Those darned B1's