Prev: RE: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives Next: Re: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives

RE: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:23:40 -0700
Subject: RE: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives

>> >Cutter Beam B
>> >Mass/Cost as Class-3 Beam (max3 arcs)
>> >Dice: 2 hit on 4+
>> >Range: 36tu
>> >Screen Effect: As Beam
>> >Armor Effect: As K-Gun
>> >Damage/Effect: Horizontal Damage. On a roll of all 6s the ship takes
>> >threshold check at current level (or at 6 if on 1st row).
>>
>2 dice at 0-36". Roll each dice as Beam with no rerolls (4-5 = 1 damage
>point, 6=2 (no rerolls) on unscreened targets; 5=1, 6=2 (no rerolls)
against
>level-1 screened targets; 5=1, 6=1(no rerolls) for level-2 screened
>targets). First damage point applied against armor, each remaining
points
>applied to the next level down. All rolls of a 6 cause a threshold
check for
>the target at the current level (or as first threshold level, if the
target
>still have hull boxes in the first row). Not included in the first, but
>would also suggest that the beam would have to damage at least 1 hull
box to
>cause a threshold check (i.e. level 2 screens & armor or Phalon
multi-level
>armor would postpone threshold checks).

OK, I get it now. By "All rolls of a 6" you mean that if both dice come
up
6s (boxcars), I'm thinking.

If that's the case, then why bother with the vertical damage anymore.
You
already have the threshold mechanic, which is independent of the
vertical
"stuff," so why bother. Particularly in light of Allan's comments
concerning the subject.

Schoon

Prev: RE: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives Next: Re: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives