Prev: Re: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives Next: Re: Area effect 'arc-o-death' weapon idea (The Lexx)

Re: Sa'Vaksu poser from Newsgroups (attribution)

From: Kevin Walker <sage@b...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 11:53:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Sa'Vaksu poser from Newsgroups (attribution)

on 8/6/00 15:46, Charles Stanley Taylor at charles.taylor@cableol.co.uk
wrote:

>>> Hmm... I quite like this one, as it 'makes sense' that there would
be a
>>> limit to how much power
>>> a weapon (especially a biological -based one) could channel.
>>> Using an analogy with human beam batteries, how about:
>>> Maximum Power   MASS
>>> 16				    2
>>> 32				    4
>>> 48				    8
>>> above this, every extra 16 points of capacity doubles the MASS
>>> COST is MASS x3
>>
>> I also rather like this idea. It would seem to eloquently deal with
the
>> problem.
>>
> Thanks - I think I'm on a roll today ;-)
> Although of course, its not my idea - I just statted it up a bit
> Tom McCarthy came up with the oringinal suggestion.

One little point.  There's no real reason (unless you want to deal with
the
1 versus 2 items with threshold checks) to take one max48 over two max32
stingers under this system.  Both sets would cost the same mass but the
max48 can only channel 75% that of the 2x max32 stingers.  The max48
stinger
has no additional range over the max32 system.

Kevin Walker
sage@bresnanlink.net

Prev: Re: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives Next: Re: Area effect 'arc-o-death' weapon idea (The Lexx)