Prev: [FT] MKW2 Update : More players Needed (2-3) Next: RE: [FT] MKW FLEET PBEM II: Players Wanted

Re: <SG2> Custom stuff

From: Kevin Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 06:31:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: <SG2> Custom stuff

I don't do a lot of kitbashing, but the custom
vehicles I'm most proud of are laser tanks and APCs
made from Easter egg halves and plastic toy tanks from
green army men sets.

Take the turrets off the tanks, and glue the short
half of the Easter egg down in its place. Paint the
whole thing black and you've got servicable laser
tanks. Using smaller Easter eggs, I've done APCs. It's
quick and easy and looks surprisingly good, if a
little campy, on the table.

I'm in the process of adding camo paint.

I don't have any pictures on the web yet, but soon
will.

Kevin

--- Brian Burger <yh728@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Eli Arndt wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> >This is just a quick sounding to the list after
> ages of lurking.  I've
> >been thinking on all the custom stuff people talk
> about on here and
> >particularly the Star Grunt game.  Does anyone out
> there have any nifty
> >creations or the like they'd like to show off,
> because I'm curious to see
> >what others have been doing as I'm about to begin
> some kit-bashing
> >myself.
>
> <http://warbard.iwarp.com/sg2vehicles.html> has
> several of my SG2 15mm
> vehicles. Several Roco IFVs 'bashed into hovertanks,
> a toy truck repainted
> & slightly modified, and of course my tilt-turbine
> VTOL attack vehicle -
> it's 'bashed from 1/144 aircraft parts, w/ a Russian
> Hokum heli body and
> wings and bits from an A-10.
>
> That creature was fun to build. It blows up almost
> everytime it flies onto
> the table, but looks cool enough that I forgive it!
>
> Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
> - http://warbard.iwarp.com/game.html -

http://invites.yahoo.com/

Prev: [FT] MKW2 Update : More players Needed (2-3) Next: RE: [FT] MKW FLEET PBEM II: Players Wanted