Prev: allan's arty Next: Re:Beth's survey.......

Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

From: Brian Bell <bkb@b...>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 16:10:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

At 20:37 2000-08-03 +0200, you wrote:
>[snip]
>At each level of damage, the DDs have lost *more* weapons than the BB,
>simply because they take many small threshold checks often instead of a
>few big ones occasionally. Since the DDs lose their weapons faster than
>the BB does, they won't inflict as much damage as the BB can either -
>which means that the DDs fall still further behind. In a slug-out with
>no maneuvers but with simultaneous fire, the last DD will usually die
>before the BB takes its 3rd threshold check.
>
>But it doesn't end here. I've made several simplifications in this
>example, and most of them penalize the BB. They are:
>
>1) Loss of FCSs was ignored. [snip]
>
>2) Fire was assumed to be simultaneous. [snip]
>
>3) Damage Control was ignored. [snip]
>
>4) Maneuvering was ignored. [snip]
>
>...I *know* there's one more favouring the BB, but I can't remember
>which it is. Ah well.
>
>[snip]
>Regards,
>
>Oerjan Ohlson
>oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
>"Life is like a sewer.
>   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
>- Hen3ry

5) Range. Usually a larger ship can carry heavier weapons (Class-3s and
P-Torps) that can allow them to inflict damage on smaller ships while
the
smaller ships' weapons are out of range and thus unable to damage the
larger ship.

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
---

Prev: allan's arty Next: Re:Beth's survey.......