Prev: Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: allan's arty

Re: Vertical damage......

From: "Charles N. Choukalos" <chuckc@b...>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 15:57:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Vertical damage......

Whoa.... Whats with this whole punch a hole through the ship bit.  I
thought the savasku lance pod, and the Kravak K-gun represented those
kind of penetrating hits.  Don't they just punch right through the shell

of the ship and do damage to the innards (aka 1 pt / layer of armor,
then
all hull damage)?.  I think everyone's stuck on graphic artist mode.....

forget about messing up pretty pictures of your opponents armor/hull
with
neat diagrams.... just stick with K-Guns et all.

However, I'd really like to see something like the B5 E-Beam with a
similar mechanic to the K-guns et all.	I'm think same costs/mass as in
the B5 earthforce book, but have the mechanic be... per/die roll d6 for
damage, -1 / full 6mu, -1 for each screen generator (-2 for vapor
shrouds).  allocate damage 1 pt /armor layer, then rest to hull for
total
shot (aka all dice rolled).

ie:

Shooting at large 4 armor layored phalon ship, with a 4 dice E-beam
projector.
Range 13", he's got his vapor shroud up (he's chicken shit...).  I roll
3,4,6,6 on the initial dice (reroll both 6's for 1 and 3).  So

So I subtract -2 for range, -2 for vapor shroud (total -4).  the 3 and 4

go away.  Both initial 6's do a total of 4 damage + rerolls (another 4).

I get 8 points.

so it looks like thus for damage (starting at top most armor layer)

xxxx		(this is the 1st row of hull damage)

Isn't this really what we're saying...... just like K-guns ect.?
Anyway.... this is the kinda gun I'd like to see included in the rules.

OH by the way......... Nova Canons and Waveguns..... definately need
some
work.... the PBL's are frikin viscious!!!!

Chuck

Prev: Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: allan's arty