Prev: RE: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp Next: Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

Events that kill minis

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:52:31 -0400
Subject: Events that kill minis

1. OT - Chris, there is no Narn-proof armour. That was a suit of very
permeable material we sold a particularly dense Centauri that started
this
whole rumor. Nothing is Narn-proof. Especially if the Narn is angry.

2. When I attended Gen Con 87, I watched a huge Battletech game between
FASA
designers and the distributors. Beautifully painted mechs all. When one
lost
an arm, they'd hand it to one of the spectators with pliers or side
cutters
to perform the modification. I personally removed a part of the torso,
one
arm, and one leg from a particular mech. It was still standing and
fighting.
When the mech died, they either used a power drill or a hammer or both
produce the debris. At the end of the game (a core meltdown in the
background nukeplant), one of the designers started gathering up the
remaining mechs. Another got out Mr. Hammer and went to town. It became
race and that was almost as much fun as the event itself.

This style of events has to be pre-advertised as such, but I think if
someone played BYOS and suggested that it was a "sacrificial" event (or
capture event, or a ransom for charity), then people could plan
accordingly.
I like the ransom for charity. I'd even do up a great job on the figures
just to raise more money for the disadvantaged. What would be neat is if
we
could raise some money for a Lancaster charity - make them even happier
have us come to town! I can spare the cost of a squad of SG2 guys (Can't
be
more than $20) plus some of my time to paint if it benefits a good
cause. I
think this is a brilliant idea. If it was a "sacrificial" event, I've
got an
awful lot of old GW figs that "need killin'".

Tom.

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Q:  If Brian Kernighan had joined the Royal Navy,
what position would they have given him?
A: First 'C' Lord.

Prev: RE: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp Next: Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)