Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: Re: Vertical Damage

Re: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 18:32:23 +0200
Subject: Re: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp

Laserlight wrote:

>>>The "heavy single-shot anti-ship weapons" carried by Torpedo
>>>Fighters aren't necessarily P-torps - indeed, the Torp
>>>Fighter descriptions in both MT and FB2 very carefully do *not* use
>>>the term "Pulse Torpedo" to describe the weapon.
>
>If it's a different weapon, then all the care in not saying
>"pulse" is wasted by the lack of care in saying "torpedo"--anyone
>who sees PTorp and the Torp Fighter is going to assume the
>fighter weapon is a PTorp.

I seriously doubt that. By using your logic, anyone who sees "beam
batteries" and "cutter beam" is going to assume the beam battery is a
cutter beam as well <shrug>

>And didn't you say, Oerjan, when the new mechanic for Torp
>Fighters was mentioned, that you hadn't seen/signed off on the
>new mechanic?

I did, yes. What I and the other playtesters *had* "signed off on", or
rather requested, was the re-printing of the MT fighter variant rules
since MT is out of print; these rules had nothing to do with the FT
P-torp rules when printed in MT, and they have nothing to do with the
FB1 P-torp rules now either.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: Re: Vertical Damage