Prev: (FT) Re: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns. Next: Re: [CON] ECC IV - March 2-4, 2001 - Call for participation

Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:24:53 +0200
Subject: Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

Jerry Han wrote:

>>***
>>Why do I keep visualizing the damage templates from the Renegade
>>Legion games resurrected in Crimson Skies? ;->=
[snip]
>> ***
>>
>>I'm a simple guy myself, but have to admit the system gave a real
>>feeling of the guts being torn out of something; somehow more
>>appropriate when applied to big ships rather than Interceptor's
fighters >>or Centurion's tanks, but compelling nonetheless.

>I actually really liked the damage profiles -- to me, it was an
>elegant way to demonstrate that an APFSDS round will have a different
>attack pattern then a HEAT round or a HEAP round.

...it's just that the attack pattern of APFSDS rounds *isn't*
particularly different from those of HEAT rounds...

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: (FT) Re: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns. Next: Re: [CON] ECC IV - March 2-4, 2001 - Call for participation