Prev: Re: [FT] Help: Planets and Gravity Next: Re: [FT] Help: Planets and Gravity

Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 10:51:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> ***
> Why do I keep visualizing the damage templates from the Renegade
Legion
> games resurrected in Crimson Skies? ;->=
>
> That's the reason I could never get into that system (Renegade
Legion), me
> I'm in favour of KISS.
> ***
>
> I'm a simple guy myself, but have to admit the system gave a real
feeling
> of the guts being torn out of something; somehow more appropriate when
> applied to big ships rather than Interceptor's fighters or Centurion's
> tanks, but compelling nonetheless.

I actually really liked the damage profiles -- to me, it was an
elegant way to demonstrate that an APFSDS round will have a different
attack pattern then a HEAT round or a HEAP round.  I'm not sure it
works on a larger scale though, since the FT 'hull boxes' were an
abstraction in my mind anyway.	(A weapon can blow through a
portion of the hull, or there could be a lot of general damage --
it still translates to 12 damage points.)

JGH

--
  Jerry Han - jhan@canoe.ca - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"So I went from day to day, though my life was in a rut,

Prev: Re: [FT] Help: Planets and Gravity Next: Re: [FT] Help: Planets and Gravity