Prev: Re: Okay, now you've done it. Next: Re: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts

Re: [FT] A FB/FT3 question

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:04:58 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] A FB/FT3 question

>Someone recently suggested that the Nova cannon and Wave guns weren't
so
>impressive now that plasma bolt launchers were on the scene.

I disagree, but I'll roll with it for now.

>How do they interact with armour ?
>c)	Like pulse torpedoes

This would be my vote.

>I'm also inclined to say that wave guns should have faster recharge
rates
>(say every other turn) and don't damage the owner when lost to
thresholds.
>Perhaps with screens being a less dominant feature of the game, the
wave gun
>could be affected by screens (like plasma bolts are, for example), and
could
>be expanded to have the F arc (which is significantly smaller than it
once
>was).

Here's where our opinions diverge in a big way. IMO the Wave Gun and
Nova
Cannon are already "over the top" in terms of balance. Adding abilities
would be akin to throwing a match info a bonfire.

I'd be one of the first to say that they need to be "axed" all-together,
and replaced with something better thought out in terms of balance and
effects from the get-go. Say, the Heavy Beam, or some other such weapon.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Okay, now you've done it. Next: Re: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts