Prev: Re: DS2 Multiple weapons in turret questions: Next: [OT] Attn. Michael Hodges

RE: FTMAP Help

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 08:37:23 -0400
Subject: RE: FTMAP Help

<chuckle> That's EXACTLY what I did. I wish that they would display a
message, if you double-click on the icon, to exit the program and enter
the
arguments in DOS.

You don't run the program by double-clicking on it. You run it from DOS
and
pass it arguments. So from the DOS prompt you would enter:
  ftmap -g -i sprites_directory_name -f output.gif < input.ft

The .ft file is VERY picky. An extra space or carriage return can cause
it
to abort. I found the PBEM spreadsheets by Jon Davis (available through
the
Full Thrust Computer Core
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/index.html) to be VERY
useful
and they generate a page that you can be used to make the .ft file.

Are you using vector or cinematic movement. If using vector, you will
want
to add the -t argument to the list. Also, the vector shows the line of
PROJECTED movement. If you want to show where the ship came from, you
will
have to add/subtract 180 from the course indicator that you send to the
ftmap program (be sure to watch for divide-by-zero errors).

The Manual (see below) is also helpful

Manual:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/2995/ftmap/docs/ftmap.html
FTMap page (by Tim Jones):