Prev: RE: Borg Cube Next: RE: [CON] ECC IV - winter time?

NSL vs. KV strategy + tactics

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:26:28 -0400
Subject: NSL vs. KV strategy + tactics

Most people seem to agree that the NSL heavies can have a very tough
time
aginast the KV due to their low maneuver. Looks to me like this could be
at
least partially solved bya strategic change that enables new tactics:
The
NSL could 1) Rotate the broadside Class 3's to be side+rear instead of
side+front OR 2) trade in a point or two of armor and/or a class 2
battery
to _add_ the rear arc to their broadside class 3's. If they can't outrun
or
out-turn the KV, then, letting them stay in the rear arc and blasting
them
_anyway_ makes some sense.

If I were running an NSL - KV scenario set in the 2190's I'd consider
allowing NSL to make this modification. It makes the NSL Wall formidable
again.

Noam

Prev: RE: Borg Cube Next: RE: [CON] ECC IV - winter time?