Prev: Re: [FT] Machine People Next: how do I get off?

Re: [FT] Machine People

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:18:50 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Machine People

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@pacbell.net>

> Just got out of the chat room with Denny and The Beast.

So you've been corrupted by evil companions....

> As I understand it, the discussion is on an adaptive race that
can change
> its systems with DCPs - or something to that effect.
>
> The first thing I thought of when "variable systems" came up
was: Sa'Vasku.

> So what if we were to use a similar mechanic related to power,
rather than
> DCPs.

Then we have "SV type 2", which isn't what I'm trying for.  I'm
trying for an effect more like AI robots plus Motie
Brownies--except for the boarding/assault units, which will not
necessarily try to get inside your ship--they may just eat it
from the outside.
<Snip Schoon's description>

As described thus far, the Machine People use Mass Pools which
are divided into the effects available.  Thus a Mass 100 ship
might have:
Hull Pool 40 (Default: 30 hull + 10 armor)
Drive Pool 30 (default: MD4 + FTL)
Energy Weapon  Pool 25 (default: 5 PDS plus 20 mass of Beam2 and
Beam3)
Sensor Pool 5 (default: 3 FC, 1 ADFC)

To change a system, you use DCP (perhaps 1 per 2 Mass?) to take
it apart; on the next turn, you can attempt to build something
else, of the same or lesser mass, with a regular DCP roll.

Prev: Re: [FT] Machine People Next: how do I get off?