Prev: Re: Machine People Next: Re: Machine People

Re: Machine People

From: Kevin Walker <sage@b...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:22:50 -0500
Subject: Re: Machine People

on 7/28/00 10:48, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker at s_schoon@pacbell.net wrote:

>> I didn't want to give them any automatic successes (Murphy applies
even to
>> machines).
>>
>> How about instead that the machine people can apply a full 6 DCP
parties to
>> automatically succeed.  This should give the player more to think
about (do
>> I built that class-10 beam at 1+ or those 8 class-2 beams at 6+?)
>
> I'd say "leave the DCP system as is," even for the machine people.
Damage
> is, by its nature, a very chaotic thing that takes time to repair.
Even a
> machine might take more than one turn to repair something, as it finds
> unexpected surprises in the twisted wreckage.

I'm in agreement with Sean.  For the sake of simplicity I saw leave the
DCP
rules the same in that a max of 3 DCP parties on one item with the same
probability to fix.  If a difference is still desired then allowing a
Machine Race to convert crew over to DCP for a cost is probably the way
I'd
go.  This could really help smaller ships in some situations.

Kevin Walker
sage@bresnanlink.net

Prev: Re: Machine People Next: Re: Machine People