Prev: Re: GZG-ECC IV Event Next: [OT] Jared Nobel, Pls Contact Me

RE: Machine People

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:31:25 +1000
Subject: RE: Machine People

How about this (which should keep things simple):

All MP ships cost 4 x mass, regardless of design (this includes variable
cost items, such as fighters & FCs)
All Machine People ships have a fixed hull value but have 1 DCP per 10
mass.
All other systems can be torn down and rebuilt during the game as
follows:
1.	Every system requires a DCP roll to break down, if successful,
the
system's mass is shifted to a cargo which can be drawn upon later.
2.	New systems can only be built from available cargo, using DCP
rolls.
Mass which was broken down this turn is not available until next turn.
3.	If the drives are being modified (broken down or upgraded) no
thrust
is available.
4.	Expendable munitions (fighters/missiles etc) can be created if
there
is an appropriate bay available (3 mass fighter bay or SML(SMR)
launcher).
This mass is lost unless recovered later (eg: fighter recovery.) 1 roll
creates an entire squadron/salvo.
5.	Armour can be constructed/removed during the repair phase, but
each
point requires a separate DCP attempt.
6.	Systems damaged by threshold checks cannot be repaired but must
be
broken down & rebuilt.

Standard configuration at the start of the battle is:
30% hull
10% ftl drive
20% main drives (MD4)
5% armour
5% screen (Screen-1)
20% firecons & energy weapons (beams & pds) - players choice of type
10% other systems (missiles/fighters/specials) - players choice

The standard config is to avoid maxed out designs before engagement (ie:
pure carriers/beam ships).  Minor variations are possible (eg more hull,
better drives, no screen etc), but should not be readily visible to your
opponent as a maxed out design.
After all, a general design can at least survive whatever is thrown at
it
until it can counter the threat.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[Pirates] Dame Captain Washalot