Prev: painting minis Next: Re: painting minis

Re: BG corrections... Re: The GZG Digest V2 #36

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:01:07 -0400
Subject: Re: BG corrections... Re: The GZG Digest V2 #36

Hello!

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> ***
> I caught the episode "The Hand of God" yesterday, where Galactica took
on a
> Cylon base star. From the episode the Galactica has no missile
armament, a
> large number of PDAF/ class-3's, and several much larger forward guns.
The
> Galactica carries 2 squadrons (Red and Blue), with a 3rd Squadron
(Silver)
> taken on in later episodes from the Battlestar Pegasus. The squadrons
seem
> to be standard USN 12 ship squadrons, so Galactica would have 4
fighter
> squadrons, increased to 6 in later episodes (which caused problems as
it
> was
> more fighters than she was designed to carry).
> ***
>
> Do we have a good feel for how large a BG squadron is? I had the
feeling
> they were as large as two or three FT squadrons.

It's kind of hard to tell.  I remember one sequence where one of
the squadrons was gathering for an attack, and it had 3 flights of 6
Vipers.  On the other hand, the squadrons are small enough that you
could
fit most of them into the main barracks room that they showed, so that
they could all become sick and the Galactica would be desperate enough
commission shuttle pilots as Viper pilots.

> I think it was the episode with the Pegasus that BG is passing between
two
> Basestars, and firing large missles at each. I believe the footage was
> actually NASA film of rocket stage separations.

It was.  (Unless the science show I was watching was using stock
Battlestar Galactica footage.  (8-) )

JGH

--
  Jerry Han - jhan@canoe.ca - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of

Prev: painting minis Next: Re: painting minis