Prev: RE: [EBAY] Silent Death ships for sale Next: RE: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website

RE: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:22:51 +0100
Subject: RE: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website

In message <LOBBIEFGANBBAEDEPFENOEJGCEAA.apter@prodigy.net>
	  "Andrew Apter" <apter@prodigy.net> wrote:

> The starships grave yard has been updated to include Moya and Tayln
>
> http://pages.prodigy.net/apter/StarShipGraveYard.htm
>
> I finally got a FB2....

Quite a fun idea - but I have a few quibbles :-)

IIRC, the Lexx only has one gun - the planet-buster special - If it has
others (say PDS) then nobody's found them yet :-) (The Lexx wouldn't
think to tell).

Also, I don't remember the Moths being armed either.

There is no evidence in the series for the Red Dwarf being armed, but I
think you got the number of hull boxes right :-)

The 'Last Starfighter' Gunstar was definately a fighter, as Noam stated,
at least in size - but a very long range one - you could treat it as a
'shrunk' scout/corvette as follows:
Mass 9 Hull (miniaturised to 1)
1 HULL
Thrust 12A drive (treat as using Fighter movement)
FTL system
1 Class-1 battery - counts as full PDS vs. fighters & missiles
1 'Death Blossom" - see below
'Heavy' - +1 to hit other fighters (as heavy fighter)
NPV=35

Whether or not it uses CEF is up to you.

"Death Blossom" - 1-use (varient of SM-pack) - knocks out all systwms on
ship for 1d6/2 turns - launches attacks against all targets in range:
0-6 mu - 3d6 damage, rolled as beams
6-12 mu - 2d6 damage
12-18 mu - 1d6 damage
- like an SM-pack attack, these attacks also apply to fighter groups.

Not _quite_ as extreme :-)

The Draconia
Well, digging up the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Modelling article on the
restoration of the orginal studio miniature - it's big - about 5.5km
long, and has 43 fighter launch tubes (and thus _at least_ 43 fighters
- it may well carry more, IIRC there were staging areas behind the
launch tubes).
>From what I remember of the series, there is no evidence of it having
any other weapons other than fighters (Glen A. Larson liked big carriers
:-)

Hope this lot helps :-)

Charles

--

Prev: RE: [EBAY] Silent Death ships for sale Next: RE: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website