Prev: Andy's derelict scenario Next: Graveyard (Moya/Talyn. Others)

Re: [FT] Enhanced weapons

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:47:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Enhanced weapons

John Leary opined:
>      Not really a logical way to cost a 'system',
> and it is inconsistent with the way weapons are
> treated in the rules.   A type 'X' radar system
> will not have a different cost/performance if
> mounted on a freighter, than if mounted on a
> battleship.

My description wasn't clear.  I wasn't thinking of it as "Improved
Sensors"
(ie a system) but as "Improved Gunnery Skill".	It wouldn't had a Mass
or
SSD but would increase the points cost (because live-fire exercises are
expensive).  That way you could have different quality ratings without
invalidating the SSD--say if you wanted a game of "the elite NAC
squadron
takes on a second rate, but large, ESU Colonial 3rd Fleet."

> > Improved Target would not affect the range for
> > placed ordnance (SM, More Thrust missiles, fighters,
> > PBL), ADFC or PDS.
> XXX
>      However it could;   an E-sensor array could
> be given a 1 inch shift after movement, and an
> S-sensor array could get a 2 inch shift.

Hark, I didn't think of that.  Good idea.

> In our group the E and S sensors, and ECM have
> generally been used to improve the starting
> positions of the 'better' equipped side.
> (Thus avoiding the 'line up an charge'
> option, that is most common.)

While not relevant to what I'm talking about, I'd be interested in
seeing
these rules, either on or off list.

Prev: Andy's derelict scenario Next: Graveyard (Moya/Talyn. Others)