Prev: Re: [FT] What would you make this cost Next: Re: Actual Warp Drive Theory (was Re: Light may break its own speedlimit) [OT]

Re: [OT] RE: Actual Warp Drive Theory

From: Jeff Miller <shadocat@p...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:48:26 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] RE: Actual Warp Drive Theory

Steve Pugh wrote:

> > It has been a while since I followed particle physics, so I will
waste
> > a little bandwidth and ask:
> >
> > I have heard photons described as "free electrons".
>
> A very erroneous description.

Yep.  Though I've heard that term used as well.

A photon is actually an electron/anti-electron pair.

> > Has physics predicted an anti-photon?
>
> Photons are their own anti-particles. Same for all the mediating
> bosons (gravitons, W, Z, gluons).

This gets tricky to answer since photons don't have an anti-photon
particle
but since light is also a wave, a photon can have a wave form that is
opposite to that of another photon.  Those to photons meeting each other
would cancel each other out.

--

Jeff Miller
Program Director/Webmaster for Agamemcon V

Burbank Airport Hilton	--  June 8-10, 2001
http://www.agamemcon.org

Contact Info:
92 Corporate Park Ste C-330
Irvine, CA 92606