Prev: Phalon pix wanted Next: Re: LLAR Website

Re: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 10:18:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website

***
Douglas Evans
***

Call me Doug. ;->=

***
I have noticed that myself with the page on the web, not on my disk. Any
idea about reasons/solutions ?
***

Sorry, with internet as with painted figs, I'm far more a consumer than
producer. However, if no one else has a clue, I'd be willing to accept
the
files as mail attachments, and see if I can figure it out. If anyone
does
make suggestions to you, don't forget to tell them what you used to
create
the rather striking images.

***
The 'converted' ships are  minis from other manufacturers that look
somewhat like GZG miniatures (e.g.a Star Wars Star destroyer was
declared
to be a converted FSE ship)
***

Excellent! Will be waiting the piccies with anticipation; we all like
clever inclusions of 'outside' ships. For instance, I'm curious if the
Star
Destroyer was a Galoob, one of the many 'not-Star Wars' knock
offs/'influenced by' created by numerous companies, or an official Star
Wars ship I'd never seen.

***
Very observant, the 'trident' type ships (CT, DD and CL) are GW Space
Fleet
minis
***

Which I've mentioned on the list before, shall remain for me the true
Eldar
fleet, no matter what the official stories say. Every time I bring mine
out, somebody sez 'Oh, yeah, the old Eldar ships.' The previous sail
ships
are fine for Exodite system defenders, and the current are great tools
of
pirate overlords, but supposed Imperial gothic designs are obviously
what
defended the craftworld in Doom of the Eldar.

***
a) existing Latin American coat-of-arms do not adhere too closely to the
rules of heraldry
***

Well, I half-joking made this argument before. However, I will point out
that those 'rules' were made for good reasons, some arcane tradition,
some
graphic practicality. Worthy of at least notice.

Also, if LIRA is flying designs such as Evil Empire (tm) Gothic Ships,
they
obviously have SOME old world decadence in their souls. ;->=

All of the above is more work than I've ever before written on anyone
else's site. Believe me when I say I found it very exciting, and can
hardly
wait for more!

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Phalon pix wanted Next: Re: LLAR Website