Prev: Valiant to Re-Release Stardate 3000 minis Next: Re: Actual Warp Drive Theory (was Re: Light may break its own speedlimit)

More Cheap Star Wars Stuff

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:46:42 -0400
Subject: More Cheap Star Wars Stuff

The local KB Toys is selling off the Star Wars "Series Alpha" boxed sets
for $3.99 each -- something that I have long been waiting for.	Each box
has two things in it -- a "final design" vehicle in (more or less) 20mm
scale, and a "concept model" in a significantly smaller scale.	The
bigger
vehicles are okay, but I've put 'em right into my bits box.  The
*smaller*
vehicles, though...*that's* what I wanted.  The concept vehicles look
pretty neat, and they have the advantage of not being immediately
identifiable as Star Wars models.

The X-Wing is the only real exception to this -- the concept design has
sort of "bubble" canopy, but that's only real change.

The ATAT is still recognizable, but I actually think that the concept
version looks much better.  No "hump back", windows along the side, a
gun
mounted under the chin and a turret under the belly....  It's a nice 6mm
troop carrier.	A BIG 6mm troop carrier, but still.

The Snowspeeder is my favorite.  15mm scale, and it looks pretty
different
from the final snowspeeder.  I'll be using it either as a ground attack
fighter or as a scout vehicle.

The last one, an Imperial Shuttle with a round cockpit, is also a nice
15mm
vehicle.  Maybe a shuttle....

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com