Prev: A Strange senerio revisited Next: Re: 1/300 Scale Ogres, oh my.

Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 02:16:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots

On 13-Jul-00 at 14:17, Tony Francis (tony.francis@kuju.com) wrote:
> The first draft of the rules (currently rather unbalanced) can be
found on
> my website :
>
> http://www.tonyfrancis.free-online.co.uk
>
> There's a link from there, I can't remember the exact URL for the page
in
> question.
>
> I must admit that I haven't yet tackled PDS systems .. I would guess
that,
> to reflect what's seen in the films (or games), PDS systems should
either
> be weaker than normal FT ones or few in number. Getting shot down by a
> capital ship's weapons doesn't seem to be much of a problem compared
> tackling opposing fighters.
>
> Tony

So why did you change the SG bits?  You have 4 X-Wings at FP2 so
in SG wouldn't that give you a d8?  Then, in your example you
just compare total x-wing versus tie, not paying attention to
the fact that the x-wings only beat the ties with one die, so
should just need a morale check?

Roger (curious)

Prev: A Strange senerio revisited Next: Re: 1/300 Scale Ogres, oh my.