Prev: Re: [FT] FB2 Balancing Corrections Proposed Next: A Strange senerio revisited

FT at Origins, or lack of

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:51:59 EDT
Subject: FT at Origins, or lack of

So what happened to whoever was going to run
Full Thrust games at Origins.  I was there, never
saw a single game.  I was really disappointed.	*sniff*

I did pick up some Phalon mini's, they were the only
FT mini's there.  The same booth was the only to have
FT books as well.

some OT stuff of what I did at Origins:

Lots of B5 Wars being played.  I watched a demo of the
Fleet Action for about 5 minutes and didn't like what I saw.
Firing across a ship caused a minus to hit?
Count up all the weapons firing and roll lots of dice?
Sounded all munchkinly to me.  :)

I played Advanced Civilization twice.  Came in last place
twice.	*sigh*
Those games were also way too peaceful.  Except for
one attack by another player, and attacks on pirates
and barbarians, I was the only one to make any attack
efforts at slowing the leaders down (I was already way
behind the Civilization card purchases when I did this).
And they spread the secondary effects of calamities
around so it barely hurt anyone.  Egads.
It was sickening to an "old" wargamer like me.	I know
military actions are not a good option, but there are times
when it can be useful.

Finally got to play in a Runequest game after many years.
Lots of fun!  The guy playing the "knuckle-dragging"
barbarian was a riot.  And it, with a POW of 3, resisted
being controlled by a high POW evil artifact!
(fyi, POW = Power statistic, a indication of magical power
and "in tune ness" with the world).

Glen

Prev: Re: [FT] FB2 Balancing Corrections Proposed Next: A Strange senerio revisited