Prev: Call for website URL's Next: Re: GZG Website

Re: OT: Re: Titan A.E.

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:11:08 -0400
Subject: Re: OT: Re: Titan A.E.

Sorry this is long...See after the spoiler space.

GBailey@aol.com wrote:

> > From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@clark.net>
> >  Subject: Re: OT: Re: Titan A.E.
> >
> >  GBailey@aol.com wrote:
> >  >
> >  Spoiler

> >  > Let's make a solar system in 15 minutes with planets
> >  > cool enough to walk on.	*yuck*

I loved every minute of it!

Just purchased the novelization.
The book explains a little about the Drej, and why.

Read pages 30 to 35.  In this section the Drej Queen was thinking about
the situation.

In short:

The Drej come from another universe.  It seems their hobby is to enter
other universes, and spread their race across each one.  In our universe
the big drej ship was the "colony" ship.  They had been here for a
while.	Earth on the other hand (my impression) has been wandering
around
the galaxy a while.  I think it is a "crowded" universe.  (ie: all the
good realistate has been taken allready...also the book explains that
Korso's ship is Earth made.)

The Drej ship was equiped with the Drej's most powerfull
weapon....Something to do with the gadget that contains the "White Dwarf
Star" the ship uses as a power plant.  The ship has an "artifact" --
built by the Drej before the ship left whereever it was.  The Drej
"Colonists" were not told how to build/repair the artifact, so that way
there would be only one copy, and it couldn't be stolen by anyone.  But
however, the artifact was damaged by "biobods" a few millinea ago.
(Biobods--Drej term for matter based life.)

Ever since, the Drej have been on the lookout for anyone who comes
anywhere close to them techinologically.

Now we come to the question of: "Why did the Drej blast the Earth?"
The book explains that the Drej had stealth agents combing the galaxy,
looking for any threats.  One of these agents was on earth, observing a
simple experiment.  Yes the short scene of the professer duplicating a
box.
This experiment was reported to the Queen instantly.  (The Drej are not
hive minded, the Queen can use the senses of any Drej at any time, but
only one at a time.)  The Queen moved the big ship to Earth, as fast as
it could reach it.

 This gave the humans the time necessary to construct the Titan, and all
of those other ships.  (I suspect that the Titan's original purpose was
to create realistate humans could settle.  So the Titan project was
probably going long before the movie takes place.  Takes a long time to
develop tech like that.)

After the Earth was distroyed, the Drej Queen was challenged and
distroyed by an underling.  The new Queen desided that the experiment
was
really hoax to keep the Drej off balance, costing the humans the Earth
in
the process.  She also desided that the humans were no longer a threat,
and didn't move to wipe them out.
 Some time after that the current Queen took over.  She cursed the
builders for not providing specs on the artifact, and the queen that
blasted the Earth.  She thinks the tech the humans had just might have
been used to repair the artifact!  Thats why the Drej were searching for
the Titan.  With that ship, they could repair their damaged artifact.

IMHO, this explains things quite nicely.

Donald Hosford

Prev: Call for website URL's Next: Re: GZG Website