Prev: RE: [OT Web] Xoom GZG site Next: Re: [FT] Fighter Screen

Re: [FT] Fighter Screen

From: stiltman@t...
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:47:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter Screen

> When can a fighter group start/join a fighter screen for a ship?
> When can a fighter group exit a fighter screen?

> Fairly obvious:
> A fighter group can declare itself part of/not part of a fighter
screen at
> the beginning of the fighter movement phase.

> Not as obvious:
> Can a fighter use its normal movement to join a fighter screen before
the
> ship moves?

I'd say so.  If you declare that a set of fighters is screening, this is
done
as part of fighter orders; if they're not in immediate proximity of a
ship
they need to get there to do so.

> Can a screening fighter attack a fighter group that is in range, but
not
> attacking the ship it is screening?
> Can a screening fighter use secondary movement to leave the screen and
> attack a fighter group or ship?

The answers to these two questions go together:  the rules on fighter
screens
pretty specifically state that, as long as they're not firing on
anything
attacking their own ship, fighters in a screen are free to attack
anything
else within their range.

> Can a fighter group use secondary movement to join a screen?

I'm not sure... I think that the order of events in a turn state that
you
have to declare fighter screens during the regular fighter movement,
which
would seem to prevent them from joining a screen.

> Ca a fighter use secondary movement to "chase" an attacking fighter
group
> that has used secondary movement to break off from the dogfight?

Not sure on this one... I think you just get a free shot.
--
 The Stilt Man		      stiltman@teleport.com

Prev: RE: [OT Web] Xoom GZG site Next: Re: [FT] Fighter Screen