Prev: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots Next: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots

Re: Fighters vs. Heavy Fighters - another newbie question

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:47:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighters vs. Heavy Fighters - another newbie question

***
     How many of you use heavy fighters regularly?  If you add in
the carrier cost, the upgrade to a heavy doesn't seem that expensive
for what you get.  Anybody disagree?
***

They last longer, but they don't get any extra punch. I think the
cost is about right, but YMMV, obviously.

***
     How do you feel about using heavy interceptors or heavy attack
fighters?  Are there any rules against mixing variants like that?  I
wouldn't try mixing a heavy-interceptor-attack variant, but heavy or
fast seem okay to mix with the other options.
***

Actually, the Texaco FreeTrade Naval Service uses fighters that are
darn near heavy/attack interceptors, but I haven't worked out all
the details; as heavy gunboats, I'm assuming they are vulnerable to
all ship's gun to some extent. Believe me, their strength will be
balanced against the effervescent nature of the converted bulk
transport carriers they fly from. ;->=

Below is a snip from a note from the Nobel Jared Noble of his rules
for modular fighter design. I think it's all pre-fleet books, but
worthy a look, nonetheless. I haven't played much with it, but assumed
I would be before the TFNS would be taking to the table...

***
Here's the link to by FT stuff, including the ship design worksheet
which has been Superceded by schoon's v0.5.

http://www.alaska.net/~jnoble/FT/index.html

The modular fighter construction rules specifically are located at

http://www.alaska.net/~jnoble/FT/FT_mod_ftrs.html
***

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots Next: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots