Prev: RE: [OT] Alien spellings??? RE: A Strange senerio (sic), Protoss Next: Re: FT Tactics

Re: Sa'Vasku Lance Pod Effectiveness

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:54:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Lance Pod Effectiveness

The problem is that with the poor accuracy, expenditure of hull, and
power
cost, must ships aren't good targets.  My rule of thumb is does the the
ship have more armor then the top row of boxes.  Why?  Because to
significantly degrade a ships performance, you have to knock it down at
least two rows.  For this purpose, the average damage for Lance Pods is
3
1/3 per hit, not 3.5.  Why?  Because all damage rolls of 1 are going to
be
completely stopped by armor.  This means there are only 9 ships in FB 1
that Lance Pods are effective on.  They aren't effective on the  other
49
warships...

IAS