Prev: [FT] "Agile" Fighters (yet another re-evaluation of ftrs) Next: RE: St. Louis Game Stores

[FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:19:00 -0400
Subject: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots

This is a companion post to ' "Agile" Fighters (yet another
re-evaluation of
fighters)'
I've posted something siilar before, but wanted to update my thoughts on
what happens when a fighter is "killed" in a dogfight or by PDS etc. The
rule is mostly for flavor and strategic level games, but I find it
necessary
to avoid thinkin of any carrier group as basically sending sheep to
slaughter.

When a fighter is hit by anti-fighter fire, roll 1 die.
1-2: Pilot survives OK
3-4: Pilot injured but alive
5-6: Pilot killed
Odd: Fighter repairable (maybe even able to limp to bay under power
after
scenario)
Even: Fighter destroyed/unsalvageable

For greater detail, think of increasing severity of injury with higher
die
numbers:
1: Pilot, Just a scratch or two
2: Pilot knocked around/ shaken up, but easily treatable. No down time
3: Concussions, broken bones. Recovery in days/weeks.
4: Critical injuries but recoverable over time (weeks+).
5: Dead
6: No body recoverable.

Pilot and fighter survival is moot if no one stays around to
recover/rescue,
or if an enemy victor systematically wipes out cripples and escape pods.

Other details:
Heavy fighters, Interceptors, Agile fighters get -1 to die roll for
pilot
outcome only
Kravak anti-fighter weapons add + 1 to die roll, 7 counts as "Even" for
fighter survival
Plasma bolts add + 1 to die roll, 7 counts as "Even" for fighter
survival

Prev: [FT] "Agile" Fighters (yet another re-evaluation of ftrs) Next: RE: St. Louis Game Stores