Prev: Re: A Strange senerio Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Lance Pod Effectiveness

Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon@f...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:26:29 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?

I think I once saw a post by Andrew Skinner (sp?), he was using
GW epic troops and taking a paper hole puncher and punching out
little circles from magnetic stripping.  He'd then base the
6mm troops onto the little circles with super glue.  I remeber
seeing a picture of a space marine based this way on his/a
website.

I think he said he was going to paint a cookie sheet green, and
make some hills/forests/terrain using more magnetic sheeting on
the bottom (and top for places that figures would stand on).

He called it a travel version for miniatures.

I thought it was a cute idea.  You might be able to do something
similar (using 20mm square steel sheets for bases in dirtside).

Daryl