Prev: RE: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs Next: Maneuvering 101 Final, first half

RE: Sa'Vasku Lance Pod Effectiveness

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:53:05 -0400
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku Lance Pod Effectiveness

-----End Original Message-----

Imre,
Your analysis of the Lance Pod was helpful, but did not address the
strength
of the Lance Pod...its ability to do 1 point of damage to armor and the
rest
to hull (ala K-Gun). However, with your damage example, this would
amount to
only 1 or 2 points of damage to the hull and 1 to armor (not a great
advantage).

I also was not overly impressed with Lance Pods.
They are a poor man's K-Gun:
		Class-1 K-Gun	  Lance Pod
Damage:     1d6 	    1d6
Extra Dmg: 1:6 for x2	    None
Mass:	    2		    3 + 1 per pod fired
Cost:	    8		    9 + 2 per pod fired
Range:	    30" 	    24"
To Hit: 6" RB start at 2+   6" RB start at 3+
Dmg to Firer: None	    1

So, it costs more, masses  more, less damage, less arcs, less range,
less
to-hit probability, reduces the ability to use other systems (uses
power)
and damages the ship firing it. Quite a bargain.
The advantage the pod system has is that it can NOT use the lance pods,
firing leech or interceptor pods instead.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

Prev: RE: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs Next: Maneuvering 101 Final, first half