Prev: Needles for everyone Next: Re: Sites For Pics FR: Sa' Vasku

Re: Movie Review: Titan A.E./ Gundam

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 15:38:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Movie Review: Titan A.E./ Gundam

  Actually the core science of Gundam revolves around these things
called "Minovsky Particles", which are a byproduct of the particular
kind of fusion power used in the Gundam universe. A byproduct of
Minovsky particles is that they work as a sort of blanket to nullify
most types of radar and radio communications and defeat those types of
targeting. It's SOP for warships and Gundams to commence Minovsky
particle emissions before the fight starts. This is one of the few
Universe to have actually come upwith some justification to the issue
you raise. Targeting is reduced to optical/laser/IR/Heat. SO they
address sensor issues in the series. It then comes down to
maneuverability and armor of which the mobile suits with their size,
(and eventual Gundanium armor), and jumping flying ability, are vastly
superior to normal tanks (though there are also occasional Huge
mega-Ogre-tanks in the series also. Of course these mobile suits and
Ogres and very expensive, which limits their numbers, and still leaves a
place for regular armored and air forces which often fight the mobile
suits and occasionally kill them. Hope that helps.

ANyway all kinds of Gundam science can be found here:

Los

Magic wrote: Los,

My problem is these large mobile suits of armor.  Huge silhouettes are
easy

targets to a ground hugging tank with modern fire control.  As a story

concept it is interesting but I find it hard to watch/game think about
due

to the huge amount of PSB to employ them.

I think I'll stick to Gunsmith cats and Rocket Power.

Magic