Prev: Re: A Strange senerio Next: Re: A Strange senerio

RE: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Ind ian BMP-2)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:51:07 -0400
Subject: RE: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Ind ian BMP-2)

-----Original Message-----

BMP-2
> on
>  Republic Day.
>  Very, very horrible.
>  http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORCES/Army/Images/0293.jpg
>
>  Rob Paul >>
>
> It's close, but I'd have to rate it number 2. In the early/mid 70's
the
> U.S.
> Army started experimenting with IR defeating paint. Go to your nearest
> game
> shop and buy a bottle of the florescent yellow and florescent green,
paint
> in
> a woodland pattern and you've got a pretty good approximation. I'm not

> jokeing. I saw this in the field at Fort Riley, Kansas. I only wish I
had
> photo to back me up.
>
> Faron
-----End Original Message-----

I was going to guess urban grafiti camo. But the lines are too straight.
Museum of Modern Art camo?
Sesame Street camo? Lots of T, V, I & L's
Maybe its the "I'm too stupid looking to be dangerous" camo?
The more that I look at it, the worse it looks. There is a huge yellow +
as
seen
from above right in the center of the tank.
Looking closer at the site, it does not appear to be camo. It is parade
colors
Green/Yellow/Brown to be close to thier penant colors Red/Yellow/Green.
They have other images with camo
(http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORCES/Army/Images-Vehicles.html)

I once did 2 tanks in concentric 1/2 circles. When the two tanks were
side by side it made a bulls' eye with the center between the tanks.
No one thought is was funny, though, so I repainted.   (((   )))

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
-----

Prev: Re: A Strange senerio Next: Re: A Strange senerio