Prev: RE: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs Next: Re: Questions about DS2

Re: DS2:modified armour\mobility suggestion (pending the good stuff from Oerjan!)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 17:15:03 PDT
Subject: Re: DS2:modified armour\mobility suggestion (pending the good stuff from Oerjan!)

Robin Paul wrote:

>To give a reason for fitting less than maximum armour on ground
vehicles
>(the high prices of VTOL and aerospace mobility make the change less
>necessary for these vehicles):
>How about giving ground vehicles one extra movement point for being one
>level below maximum armour, 2 MP for being two levels below maximum,
and

This is a step in the right direction.	I've been working on a
completely
new "House Rules" way of designing vehicles, it allows for different
BMF's
and armor levels. Iknow Oerjan's working on something similar.	His
system
will undoubtedly be better, but there's always the personal flavor.  I
have
asked him for some help and input, he's really quite good at giving it.

>also one or two extra movement points for being open topped?

I've struggled with the open-topped issue too.	For both the lower AV
and
open-topped issue, it seems best to come up with a new capacity point
system
and charge points for armor.  In addition, it seems to me that the
advantage
to open-topped vehicles should be reflected in open-topped troop
carriers.
they'r more vulnerable, but you might try establishing house rules that
make
allowing effective infantry fire from the back of them.  I don't know
about
realism, but in terms of playability it's doable and helps justify even
bothering with open-topped vehicles.

Brian Bilderback

Prev: RE: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs Next: Re: Questions about DS2