Prev: Re: GZG in Knights of the Dinner Table Next: Re: GZG in Knights of the Dinner Table

RE: interesting Glen's designs/gaming

From: "Andrew Apter" <apter@p...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:44:38 -0400
Subject: RE: interesting Glen's designs/gaming

Snip
>>>I'm not a missile man, and I have this knack for hitting BJs when I
do
>>>use them.
>>
>>>I usually try to destroy BJs before the missiles go in

>Steve's BJs are not really BJs, most are mass 34 missile destroyers
>with about 5 armor and 10 hull.  A salvo taking one out is a good
>thing, but not when 6-8 salvoes hit it.
>I may to try a wave approach the next time I want to use missiles.
>The first wave is the heavies to target the BJs and then the
>missile ships follow with salvoes on the next turn.  They have
>to be a bit back or they'll be the first ships the enemy targets.
I use a combo attack of fighters MT missiles and salvo missles.
It works against steve most of the time, accept when your ships are
flying
with him.

>>The ones on your page had only 6-8 PDS, which isn't that much. As I
>>said, they need some serious ADFC-equipped support ships... the
>>Atlantas you mention sound quite appropriate :-)

>But two together is 12-16 PDS, plus 5-7 class-1 beams for the
>missile-targeted ship.

>>BTW, are the "multi-system" turrets destroyed by a single needle hit?

>No, that would give needle beams too much of an advantage.

>>>He was happy to get to speed 10 whereupon the crew would break out
>>>the champagne (now it's at speed 20 with the MD2 ships).
>>
>>Pretty impressive. Sounds like a fairly large table, and/or floating
>>edges?

>The table is 6' x 8' (183cm x 244cm) and we do play with a
>floating map.	Lately he hasn't gotten up to speed 20 but
>staying in the 12-16 speed range or otherwise his turning
>arc is too large.

All this will be moot in two weeks as Steve is leaving for
Jacksonville, Florida, about an 8 hour drive from Miami.
And in one of the last FT sessions we'll have while he's
here I'll be at Origins.  We also lost another player this
week (moving away), another is ill and not getting better
so he hasn't been around much, and another has a varying
work schedule.	Good thing Matt and Andy are still here.
(hi guys!)
Hi
Andy A

Prev: Re: GZG in Knights of the Dinner Table Next: Re: GZG in Knights of the Dinner Table