Prev: Re: Hanger Bay question Next: Cost of armour

Re: Hanger Bay question

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:44:43 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Hanger Bay question

On  4-Jul-00 at 04:24, Ground Zero Games (jon@gzg.com) wrote:

> I think the answer should be (this is [SEMI-OFFICIAL] but just off the
top
> of the head at the moment!) that a small craft hangar and a fighter
bay are
> two very different things - the former is basically a big empty space
with
> a launch port, while the latter is full of servicing and repair bays
for
> individual fighters, rapid launch and recovery systems etc. For the
record,
> a fighter is less than 1 mass (probably much less), but needs 1.5 mass
of
> bay and support stuff.
> You couldn't carry other small craft in fighter bays, because all the
> support stuff gets in the way;  you can CARRY fighters around in a
small
> craft hangar, but you wouldn't be able to support them in combat
operations
> (launch and recovery would be much slowed, as would rearming etc.).
>
> Does that sound reasonable?

No. :)

In terms of game balance how does being able to switch from small craft
bay to hanger bay affect play?	Does it give a major advantage?  I can't
really see how.  If it doesn't give an advantage then you are not
improving game play, you are trying to enforce your one PSB, and your
PSB may be different than mine.

Roger

Prev: Re: Hanger Bay question Next: Cost of armour