Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs Next: Re: Hanger Bay question

RE: Simple Questions

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:11:28 -0400
Subject: RE: Simple Questions

[Bri] FTFB1 p. 7 reads 'One ADFC allows the ship's PDS ... to fire at
any
combination of threats (fighters, SMBs, etc) that are directly attacking
one
other ship that is within 6" of the ADFC-carrying ship.' I.e. if a
fighter
group/missile is not 'directly attacking' it may not be targeted.
On the other hand, it does not state that the fighter/missile that PDS
(not
in ADFC mode) target must be attacking the ship (again an assumption
that
this rule is carried over from FT 2nd Ed.).

> 2) Kra'Vak MKP's and Firecon, (do they need a Firecon themselves).
[Bri] While it is not stated, it is assumed that a FCS must designate
the
target (like submunitions packs).

> 3) Whilst trying again to find the answer to 2), I couldn't find the
rules
> for FireCon systems for Human PDS systems.  I'm pretty sure they don't
> need a working FireCon, I just couldn't find it in the rules anywhere.
[Bri] This is another one of those "assumed" carryovers from the FT 2nd
Ed
rules. I could not find it stated in FB1. It is stated in FB2 p. 10
under
scatterguns that "As per the standard rules for PDS fire, ... do NOT
need a
functioning fire control system in order to fire..."
Also, the rule about Class-1 Beams requiring a FCS to be used in PDS
mode is
omitted/assumed as well.

> Cheers in advance for the help
>
> P.S: Since I'm off work this week, I've updated my website with
pictures
> of all my miniatures (Kra'Vak and Sa'Vasku not yet done)
>
> Paul Grogan
> www.runestonegames.freeserve.co.uk

---- End Original message ----

My comments marked by [Bri]
-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs Next: Re: Hanger Bay question