Prev: RE: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs Next: Simple Questions

Re: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 09:09:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs

Was that "Men into Space"?  Thats the only one I can find in my copy of
the
"Sci-Fi Channel encyclopedia of TV Science Fiction".  The book gives
just a
small taste (hint really) of the show.	The discription is only 3
sentences.
I guess having knowledge that it even existed is better than having no
info
whatever.

The book goes on to say the show had 38 black and white 25 minute
episodes.
US premiere: Sep 30, 1959.  UK premiere: July 9 - Oct 1, 1960

Donald Hosford

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> Back to TV, anybody remember the old Men in Space? It was set in a
space
> station, torus-style, where most of the problems were nuts and bolts
of
> just getting into space. Seemed like there were plenty of
misconceptions,
> but no worse than the space exploration community was struggling with.
> think it was pre-NASA.
>
> You have to remember, it hadn't been THAT long since some people were
> claiming breaking the speed barrier would turn a human inside out.
;->=