Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku FTL Next: Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs

Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 22:06:03 +0100
Subject: Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs

>> Ndege Diamond wrote:
>> > http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/2760/exhibit.htm
>> > has some nice blueprints and some not so nice screen shots.
>>
>>  Phooey.  Does the Sarasota have artifical gravity?
>
>Of course the Saratoga has artificial gravity. It was on TV. All
>ships on TV have artificial gravity. ;-)
>(Except for some Babylon 5 ones which manage to produce 1g gravity
>via rotation regardless of the the rate of rotation or the length of
>the arm....)
>
>Okay, now I'm going to get given a list of TV ships without
>artificial gravity...

B5 did it reasonably well given that it was TV (ie: scientifically it
was
better than nothing....) - the EA ships didn't have anything apart from
spin habitats until the White Star with its Minbari tech. One of the TV
movies (IIRC, "In the Beginning") has a couple of nice zero-G scenes on
the
bridge of Sheridan's old Hyperion class. I don't THINK the Narn ships
have
AG either, at least you always see the crew strapped in.....

2001/2010 got it pretty well, with the Discovery's carousel and the
Leonov's spin habitat.
Offhand I can't think of any others that don't have "implied" AG
(excepting
factual stuff like Apollo 13 of course....) ;-)

Jon (GZG)