Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Needle Pods... Next: Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs

Re: Hanger Bay question

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 11:41:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Hanger Bay question

--- Brian Bell <bkb@beol.net> wrote:
> At 09:27 2000-07-04 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >You couldn't carry other small craft in fighter
> bays, because all the
> >support stuff gets in the way;  you can CARRY
> fighters around in a small
> >craft hangar, but you wouldn't be able to support
> them in combat operations
> >(launch and recovery would be much slowed, as would
> rearming etc.).
XXX
     This would very much depend on the requirements
for fighters/small craft.   All of the fighters,
except torpedo, only seem to require fuel/energy
to make them ready to fight again.   Due to the
need to ba able to service different designs of
small craft the small craft bay would be fitted
with multiple fuel/energy connections.	 One turn
service three fighters or fraction thereof seems
reasonable.
XXX

> >Does that sound reasonable?
> >
> >Jon (GZG)
>
> This was what I was going to suggest as well.
> Small craft bays may launch 1 craft per turn (they
> are not designed for
> quick launch or recovery).
> Fighter Bays are designed for quick launch, quick
> recovery and quick
> servicing. They may launch 6 fighters per turn.
>
> Thus, while you could house fighters in a small
> craft bay, it would take 6
> turns to launch an entire squadron.
XXX
     This seems excessive, as the bay is larger
(read less cluttered) than the standard bay and
the turns are roughly 15 miniutes.   One turn
to launch per three or fraction thereof should
be sufficient.
XXX
> ---
> Brian Bell

Note:
     Even a small craft bay may launch all fighters
prior to the start of combat, so this causes no
effect in the conduct of the game.
     The additional turns in the arming and lauching
are almost a moot point as I have never seen
a fighter Sq. recovered, re-armed, and launched again
in the course of a normal game.   I would consider
this to be a rare occurance.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Needle Pods... Next: Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs