Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters Next: RE: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters

RE: Star Wars Action Fleet items on sale!

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:58:39 -0500
Subject: RE: Star Wars Action Fleet items on sale!

Ted:
Just stopped by my local Toys R Us yesterday and noticed
that some of the Star Wars Action Fleet items from Galoob
are on sale.  I picked up 2 Y Wings for $1.97 each.  Look
out Stargrunt 2 players - now I've got close air support!
***

Alas, my local TRU only had B-Wings for the Action Fleet. Not thrilling
moi.

Michael:
AHH!! The secret is out. I've been picking up Storm Troopers, Battle
Droids,
etc at half price or less.  Seems that Galoob(Hasbro) is liquidating
stock.
***

Just spent $15US on the earlier, smaller troops. At $.97US a pack, and
about 9 per pack, plenty of both imperial and rebels, plus Ewoks, Tusken
Raiders, and Jawas for variety! As for liquidating, I figured it was
TRU,
not Galoob.

Ok, more than I'll ever use; people pretty much expect that of me. ;->=

Michael:
Watch the toy section at your grocery store too.
***

Speaking of letting secrets out! Well, I've never found food stores good
for prices, but that's been a positive. They tend to hold on to
'unpopular'
things forever, at regular prices. Turned out to be a good place to find
wierd stuff I hunted strenuously. Say, #5 and #6 B5 packs. ;->=

Ted:
Since I'm talking about Galoob, has anyone placed a phone
order with them recently?  I checked the web page and there
aren't any phone numbers that I can see.
***

Whoa, the Galoob site seems to be only open for the recall of those Sky
Dancers. Maybe there IS something bad going on with the company.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters Next: RE: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters