Prev: Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic) Next: Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic)

RE: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:56:05 -0400
Subject: RE: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic)

Interesting.

I could see a new pod to accomplish this:

Feeding Pod
Biomass: 1
Energy: 3

This pod has a range of 6tu. Like the Interceptor Pod, it is not limited
by
arc, but is actually closer to the leach pod in design. It is used to
gather
material for the Sa'Vasku construct to "eat". Like an interceptor pod,
the
Feeding Pod may attack any ship (including Phalon and Sa'Vasku
constructs)
within 6tu of the Sa'Vasku (regardless of arc). It hits the target on a
4+.
Like the Leech Pod, Feeding Pods do 2 points of damage each turn. Of
this
they store 1 biomass for every 2 damage they inflict. They have an
endurance
of 3 turns. They may be destroyed by DCP in the same manner as Leech
Pods.
On the 3rd turn (not before), they MUST return to a Sa'Vasku construct.
If
there is no construct in range, the pod (and biomass) is lost. On
returning
to a Sa'Vasku construct it may give the biomass that it stored (but not
the
biomass that was used to construct the pod) to the Sa'Vasku construct.
Sa'Vasku constructs may NOT gain more biomass than they started with
(only
replace spent/damaged biomass). Because of the limited range, and time
involved for the pod to "eat", this pod is not normally used in combat.
Editor's Note: Trade offs from Leech Pod: Cons: 1/4 range, poorer odds
hit (at 6tu and less), limited endurance, must spend full endurance,
Pros:
restore biomass, all arc fire.

-----
Brian Bell