Prev: [OT] Summer Reading List Next: Lousy Combat Sci-Fi Novels [CLEAN STAMP]

Re: My designs (PWB Game)

From: colin.plummer@t...
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:56:44 +0100
Subject: Re: My designs (PWB Game)

Thus spoke Tom Anderson on Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 11:00:16AM +0100 :

> On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Owen Glover wrote:
>
> > > [mailto:owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU]On Behalf Of Robertson,
Brendan

> > > I get server not found errors on this address...
> >
> > Me too :-(

Probably taking a while to propagate through DNS

> it works for me!
>
> techie bits ...
>
> ip: 195.92.249.250
> ns: ns0.spod.org, ns1.spod.org
>
> so try http://195.92.249.250/
>
> the page isn't hugely informative, though.

That won't actually work, since spod.org hosts many different .org.uk
sites
through a single apache server.

What you -can- do is fool your name server into thinking that
ftpbem.imhotep.org.uk is 195.92.249.250, then go to the URL normally
(this is easy in linux, just add to /etc/hosts)

Alternatively you can set ns0.spod.org as your nameserver temporarily.

--
Colin P

Prev: [OT] Summer Reading List Next: Lousy Combat Sci-Fi Novels [CLEAN STAMP]