Prev: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List Next: Reality disfunction

Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

From: Michael Llaneza <imperialdispatches@y...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:54:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

--- Bryn Monnery <sue.monnery@virgin.net> wrote:
> Add:
>
> Hyperion and the Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons (although I'd
consider
> giving the 2 "sequels" a wide berth)
> The War against the Chtorr series by David Gerrold

It's not space combat, but what would the SG stats for a worm look like
?

> Anything by Peter F. Hamilton (Although the end of the Naked God was a
> serious cop out, "how can I end this book?")
>
> Gives me a warm glow :-)

I liked the ending. It was a massive deus ex machina resolution, but it
wrapped
up as well as any ending I can imagine.

> I really ought to finish that FT- Reality Dysfunction variant one
day...

I hope to go through all five books and take notes on space combat
sometime
soon.

Hmmm. 1 thrust = 2 G (keeps the faster ships inside the FT range)

combat wasps will be a bit tricky. Most of the action of space combat
seems to
be swarms of wasps trying to get by each other so they can get at the
ships.
The numbers Hamilton gives are consistent enough that something playable
is
possible (unlike some books).

http://im.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List Next: Reality disfunction