Prev: Re: [OT] Mars, Water Next: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

From: colin.plummer@t...
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:16:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

Thus spoke Aron_Clark@digidesign.com on Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 04:52:59PM
-0700 :

> Since traffic is a bit light thought I'd share this with you all.
Recently we
> had a thread "Suggested Sci-Fi",
> I took all the related suggestions and complied them in this list.
I've also
> added to it as books are recomended.
> Feel free to email me your additonal military sci-fi suggestions off
list, or on
>  list if you wish.

I'm surprised no-one suggested it yet, or maybe everyone who's anyone
has read
it already :)

'Ender's Game' by Orson Scott Card, the following books 'Speaker for the
Dead'
and 'Xenocide' aren't quite so military in bias but also very good.  I'm
trying to get round to reading the latest addition to that series, but
haven't
yet.  I'm going to have to finish reading 'Shogun' first ;) which I'd
certainly
recommend as an insight into Japanese culture and -some- historical
bits.

--
Colin P

Prev: Re: [OT] Mars, Water Next: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List