Prev: Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization) Next: Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

From: stiltman@t...
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:25:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

(stiltman@teleport.com)
> > > wrote: > So in FB1, what we wind up with is, you could do a lot
more
> > > damage to ships > with beam fighters than you could before (even
against
> > > level 2 screens, a > fighter group can still do an average of 2.8
* 6
> > > damage to a ship, which is > better than the 10.5 a torpedo bomber
group
> > > will)

> > > Um, I show a beam fighter group doing 0.8 * 6 damage against
UNSCREENED
> > > targets.	Attack fighters only do 1.2 per against unscreened
targets.

> > Clarification:  I was referring to how much damage they'd do over a
full
> > endurance cycle, not just in one shot.

> You get full endurance cycles?  I must be doing something wrong.
Usually
> I give up 2 CEF acquiring the target and then lose significant numbers
> to PDS and interceptor fire.

I'm just putting up numbers on the _potential_ damage that might be
inflicted.
If you can assert overwhelming fighter superiority, you can do a lot
more
of that damage per attack.  If you can't... well, you probably won't get
any
real shots in with bombers anyway.

Your mileage may vary depending on the ratio of your attackers to his
defenders, of course.
--
 The Stilt Man		      stiltman@teleport.com