Prev: Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization) Next: Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:15:17 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

On 15-Jun-00 at 15:12, stiltman@teleport.com (stiltman@teleport.com)
wrote:
> > On 15-Jun-00 at 12:26, stiltman@teleport.com (stiltman@teleport.com)
> > wrote: > So in FB1, what we wind up with is, you could do a lot more
> > damage to ships > with beam fighters than you could before (even
against
> > level 2 screens, a > fighter group can still do an average of 2.8 *
6
> > damage to a ship, which is > better than the 10.5 a torpedo bomber
group
> > will)
>
> > Um, I show a beam fighter group doing 0.8 * 6 damage against
UNSCREENED
> > targets.  Attack fighters only do 1.2 per against unscreened
targets.

> Clarification:  I was referring to how much damage they'd do over a
full
> endurance cycle, not just in one shot.

You get full endurance cycles?	I must be doing something wrong.
Usually
I give up 2 CEF acquiring the target and then lose significant numbers
to PDS and interceptor fire.

My guess would be the damage would be (0.8 * 4) + (0.8 * 2) for total
damage done.  A pure torp force would of course do (2.5 * 4).

That of course assumes I have a slightly stronger force than my opponent
has defenses.  If he has more defenses run those numbers way down.

Roger