Prev: Re: GZG Fighter bases Next: Re: The iCloak

Re: The iCloak

From: stiltman@t...
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:19:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The iCloak

> The recent discussion about ship building got me to thinking about the

> Illuminati's greatest weapon and darkest secret -- so secret, in fact,
that
> I'd never actually gotten around to designing it.  No, not the
Mind-Control
> Lasers (although those are coming too).  Instead, I speak of the
Illuminati
> Cloaking Device -- hereafter referred to as the iCloak, to distinguish
it
> from the standard FT cloaking device.

[much slashage]

Interesting thought...

As a simple note, I would say that salvo missiles should be largely
useless
against an iCloaked ship.  Missiles work on guidance, and have no way of
easily focusing themselves based on visual data, whereas a beam weapon
or
a nova cannon or the like can just be pointed in a given direction and
won't
care whether or not the target is visible or not.  If you can't direct
fire
against it easily, missiles should have no usefulness at all.
--
 The Stilt Man		      stiltman@teleport.com

Prev: Re: GZG Fighter bases Next: Re: The iCloak