Prev: Re: FB2 Vapour Shroud Next: Re: FB2 Vapour Shroud

Re: Crowbars

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 19:17:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Crowbars

Mark Harvey wrote:
> anyone remember an old Avalon Hill board game called "Freedom in the
> Galaxy"?  In this game the Empire could create atrocity units (such
nasties
> as Planetary Destablizers that stoped the planet's rotation and
killing
> everything on the planet).  The problem with using such weapons was
the
> political ramifications.
> No use having an Empire if
> there is no actual real-estate left.	Of course, there could be some
races
> that are on a Genocide mission to erradicate all life...everywhere.
And
> that could make for a very interesting Many against One campaign.

	That reminds me of another SPI classic: Star Force.

	In that game, the only item of wealth, the only thing that
	cannot be synthesized, are the telesthetic females.
	A certain small percentage of all female babies are
	telesthetic, and that percentage cannot be improved upon.

	Telesthetics are the sine qua non of starships.

	So it is not in the best interests of warring empires
	to use weapons of mass destruction.

	Except for the insane Xenophobe species, who *were* on a
	mission of interstellar genocide.

Prev: Re: FB2 Vapour Shroud Next: Re: FB2 Vapour Shroud