Prev: RE: Custom Fleets & Gimmickry Next: Re: Retrograde gimmickry

"DreadPlanet"

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 15:17:02 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: "DreadPlanet"

Not to go into any particular universe here, but it seems to be fairly
well accepted that a single large ship isn't really a viable long
term strategy.	Needle Beams reduce the  large ship to a hulk
on a ballistic path.  A small force can take out a _much_ larger
(by NPV) force	with this tactic.  The trick is to make your
larger ships be small enough that the disadvantages of the needle
beam outweigh the advantages.  I personally think a BDN is about
the biggest ship that fits these criteria, although I have been
known to play with an FSE SDN just so I can use my miniature.

Roger

Prev: RE: Custom Fleets & Gimmickry Next: Re: Retrograde gimmickry